North Eastern Trucking Inc. is looking for Long Haul Truck Driver.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Positions available: 10
Minimum Education required: Completion of secondary school is required.
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Work Experience required: No minimum experience required. Training will be provided. Previous experience is an asset.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, Refrigerated, Logging, highway
Type of Travel: Long-haul, Regional, Provincial/territorial, National,
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, in-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports Communication Equipment.
Weight Handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials,
- Loading and unloading of goods,
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo,
- Plan travel schedules and routes, Use atlases and other trip planning aids,
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher,
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy,
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment,
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness,
- Perform emergency roadside repairs Security and Safety
Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Willing to travel overnight, Valid driver’s license Work Location Information: Various locations Essential Skills: Oral communication, Working with others.
Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada and should be willing to drive long haul.
How to Apply
50 Covington Street
Hamilton, Ontario, L8G 5H3